Re: [SLUG] No response to question

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 21:29:12 EST

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Thomas Ringate wrote:

> Since RH stopped shipping it, they must have something better. How do you
> go out and look at available packages on RH now?

... I maintain several mirrors: RawHide is 1.4G (799 source
packages), RHL 8.0 is 1.7G (1472 binary packages), and 386 M
(833 mixes source and binary packages) of locally packaged
content

> There must be other GUI driven RPM search tools out there which do sitll
> work???

Why 'must' there be? I was discusing organizing content and
mirroring of independent packagers just today with Matthias
Saou and a couple other independents.

Paper doco; up2date in X; rpmfind or freshmeat in a browser;
google for the primary source? GnoRPM seemed clunky to me.

> existance. Why would releases 7.0, 7.1 both fail like release 8.0 (I
> installed GNORPM package on 8.0) unless the remote support is what the
> problem is?

dunno. Did you buy a support level from a remote some one?
TANSTAAFL. What does Bugzilla say? Google?

> I have no particular desire to only use GNORPM to look for new and fun
> things to try, but there must be some GUI packages other than GNORPM that
> let you do a "WEB FIND" function for new packages.

Feel free to scratch your itch.

-- Russ Herrold