[SLUG] Help with Grub and MBR

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 10:51:05 EST

A friend of mine has managed to destroy his MBR. He upgraded his windows
and windows over wrote the MBR. I know that with lilo you could just
boot into rescue mode and run lilo and you were good to go. But for the
life of me I can't figure out how to get the system to boot using Grub
again. I've searched the web and looked a the man and info pages. But
still have not figured out how to do this and what we have tried haa not
worked. Including going through the upgrade and only selecting the Grub
boot manager. This is on a Redhat 7.3 system.

Mike M.