[SLUG] mysql

From: Diego Henao (webmaster@bloodhound.slyip.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 13:47:06 EST

hi everybody,

I installed Linux Red Hat 8.0. I want to use mysql, but I don't know how
to used it ( as a matter of fact by default the server also has other
options). Does anyone knows a good manual or tutorial that explains to you
in a easy way how to set up and use it?. By default, the server it is
running the service with the localhost address. I am using webmin, and I
tried to change the login and the password for the administrator, but I
have been unsuccessful. Also, when I change the localhost to my internet
host, it couldn't find the service running in that machine, that of course
is the same. On the other hand, I am running apache, sendmail and ftp
without any problem. The bottom line here is that I cannot read the normal
tutorials because they assume you are going to compile the package using
the different options, but that's not my case.

Any help I will appreciate that.

Thanks
Diego Henao
dhenao@tampabay.rr.com