[SLUG] Verizon and SMTP

From: rhires@earthlink.net
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 13:53:46 EST

Hey Everyone,

I've been silent for a while, since SMTP doesn't work for me right now under
Verizon's network. That is, when I send mail via SMTP (which I had been doing
before under Earthlink's DSL), it seems to drop off into oblivion. It worked
before under earthlink...I still am using my earthlink account for sending and
receiving mail...I guess verizon doesn't want to pass mail through its network
bound for earthlink and the to the rest of the net? Can anyone shed some light
on this?

The way I'm currently sending mail is through the web interface that earthlink
offers. It will do until I can figure out a real way to send mail...

BTW, I also got my networking to work for normal users. PPPoE apparently takes
resolv.conf and turns it into a symlink to /etc/ppp/resolv.conf. The ppp
directory didn't have permissions set up for normal users to see
resolv.conf...so, I just replaced the symlink in /etc with the real
thing...works just fine now!

Russell