Re: [SLUG] Comand Line Questions

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 01:03:26 EST

> 1. Is there an option to the ls command that will allow the scroll to page
> like the old dos command dir -p would?

   try ls (or ls -o or ls-l) | less (scroll either way) end it with q

Just pipe it through the `less' paging program
dir -p is just like dir | more

> 2. I have no problem changing to any directory that does not have spaces in
> it but I have no idea of how to account for a space in a directory like in
> the command "cd My Document"?

  An easy one, enclose the string in single quotes thus:

   cd 'My Document' , same goes for making them also etc.

Double quotes work, but oddly aren't as strong, so parentheses
and such will give you some troubles with the double quotes.

    BTW: are you using a file manager for file managing and
previewing, moving and renaming mp3's and jpgs etc?
   just enter mc

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997 SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm