Re: [SLUG] Verizon and SMTP

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 01:21:40 EST

It does not matter whether you are using Dial up or Broad Band.
Verizon does not have anything to do with weather you can get into
another's
SMTP. They only monitor their own.

How ever with most isp's you can receive by remote but not send.
This means for instance right now I have both Road Runner and
Mindspring/Earthlink.
I can get pop 3 from Mindspring/Earthlink thru Road Runner but again can not
send.

Mindspring/earthlink does not want you to be able to use SMTP as stated by
IAN because they feel this will
control Spam. How ever we all know that is Bull as also stated.

I can also access Mindspring/Earthlink Pop3 Remote through Verizons but
again no SMTP!

Now if you have your own server set up then you set the permissions as to
what get's through from what Domain. Unless they decide to filter your
domain from their access which they usually will not bother.
Because it is not there servers in this Scenario.

Bill P.