[SLUG] Staying connected

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 08:44:56 EST

AAAhhhhh...the joys of Verizon's DSL service....This is all about DHCP,
pump, etc...

So, I figured out (for now) my email situation, but now I have other
questions. How do I keep my computer connected to the net all the time?
When I switched from Earthlink to Verizon, and when I use pump to get my
address, everything works okay. It's just that after a time, the IP
expires, and I have manually re-run pump to get a new address. I know
that there is a better solution to this, but what is it? Isn't there a
dhcp daemon that runs in the background that checks this sort of thing?

Thanks for your help!

Russell