Re: [SLUG] Network backup software

From: Aaron Steimle (asteimle@washpat.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 15:54:08 EST

Not sure if this is overkill but Veritas Netbackup Datacenter has
"Compatiblity" with Linux.
http://www.veritas.com/products/listing/ProductDownloadList.jhtml?productId=
nbux#datasheets

System Requirements and Compatibility
VERITAS NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 Supported Server Platforms
. Compaq Tru64 UNIX
. HP-UX
. IBM AIX
. IBM (Sequent) DYNIX/ptx
. Linux
. Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
. Microsoft Windows 2000
. Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Appliance Kit (SAK)
. NCR MP-RAS
. Novell NetWare*
. SGI IRIX
. Sun Solaris
VERITAS NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 Supported Client Platforms
. Apple Macintosh OS, OS X
. Compaq OpenVMS
. Compaq Tru64 UNIX
. Data General (EMC) DG/UX
. FreeBSD
. HP-UX
. HP MPE/iX
. IBM AIX
. IBM (Sequent) DYNIX/ptx
. Linux
. Microsoft Windows 95/98/LE/ME/XP
. Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
. Microsoft Windows 2000
. Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Appliance Kit (SAK)
. NCR MP-RAS
. Novell NetWare
. SGI IRIX
. Sun Solaris
VERITAS NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 Supported Network Attached
Storage (NAS) Platforms (via NDMP)
. Auspex
. BlueArc Corporation
. EMC
. Mirapoint
. Network Appliance
. Procom Technology
. Quantum|ATL tape library
. VERITAS ServPointT Appliance Software for NAS