Re: [SLUG] Sending Mail...works for now

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 18:05:36 EST

On Monday 04 November 2002 09:45, Ian C. Blenke wrote:

> When you know more about the underlying protocols than the techs
> on the phone will ever hope to, fibbing is your only hope for a
> sane solution to your problem. Giving them a hard time or acting
> holier than thou only drives them to get you off the phone as
> quickly as possible, usually with no problem resolution
> whatsoever. Feed into their delusion: guide them toward the true
> solution to the problem.

Hehe, yes! This is soo true! When they say "..need windows.." I say
sure no problem! (At least most of the time. I've found how to get
to the local RR support people, who calls Unix a real O/S, on the
phone.)

> And if the tech tells you to "reinstall windows" anyway, get
> their supervisor on the phone or just hang up and quit wasting
> your time.

I had a wireless optical mouse that died after 9 months. Lights and
all went out. When I called for support the tech said they could
not help me since I did not run windows. Was not going to get me a
new one even though I have five year warranty. (I got to confess I
like giving some a hard time about me not having windows.) In the
end the supervisor sent me two, once they realized no O/S would
have brought it back to life, and refusing service was not a good
option. Can't say I was too unhappy about that.

--

Steve ___________________________________________________________ HTML in e-mail is not safe. It let's spammers know to spam you more, and sets you up for online attack through IE 4.x and above. Using HTML in e-mail promotes it as safe to the uninitiated.