Re: [SLUG] earth images

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 23:48:05 EST

That is ridiculous sizes for pictures. Come on 1/4 to almost 1/2 gig for a
single pic?
For the average even professional quality images for professional
photographers anything over
2 to 4 meg each is huge.

For NASA they are using Clusters and Mainframes to pull these things. Next
the bandwidth will take you even via cable 1/2 hour to 2 hours pending on
you speed. Dial up forget the idea unless you have 14 to 18 hours.

They should have versions that are jpg and if you want to print or view
them.

IMHO

Bill Preece