Re: [SLUG] is this norb?

From: gnorb@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 01:25:39 EST

> I am looking a guitar tuner written for Linux at:
> http://norbert.home.cern.ch/norbert/LinuxTuner.html
>
> Is this the "norb" from this list?
>
> A system requirement is "Qt" Does this imply QuickTime?
>
> Patrick

1) Although this seems like a cool app, and although I am a musician, sadly, I
am not the same Norbert as the guy who made this app. You'll find most of my
work on Linux.com and Newsforge.com - mostly articles _about_ software, as
opposed me having actually writen any sufficiently useful software (say, that
gives me an idea...). Or you can go to Google.com, type in my name, and get a
bunch of other stuff by/on me, including (mostly) Linux stories, my affiliation
with aliens, and the scandal involving the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, a cheese
burrito, and an Clydesdale named "Horse." You might also find some of my
entires on a Violists mailing list (By the way, Robin, when would you like to
start your lessons?)

2) Info on Qt can be found here: http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/ -
There's also a pretty good O'Reilly book on the subject (pink binding and has a
Tucan in the front, I believe...).

Gnorb