Re: [SLUG] user file question

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 21:30:42 EST

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 07:18:19PM -0500, Smitty wrote:

> I have removed two users from /etc/userdb but there is evidently another file
> with user data in it as these users are still listed on the login menu.
> Anyone know what other file I should edit?
> (using suse 8.1)
> Smitty

I don't know anything about /etc/userdb, but I would imagine that
/etc/passwd would need to be cleared, as well as (possibly) /etc/group,
and if you have PAM or something, possibly another file (I don't know
which for PAM). The deluser and userdel commands should take care of all
of this automatically.

Paul