Re: [SLUG] user file question

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 21:57:00 EST

It turns out that /etc/userdb is an old suse file that is no longer used in
8.1 The command for modifying the /etc/passwd file would be userdel.
I have been working on my old box to turn it into a firewall/router.
Have had to contend with lots of legacy garbage as above.
Interesting bug I found was in startup script where the loading of usb modules
can conflict with starting of phase 2 of the SuSEfirewall2. Result is that
bootup hangs. On a fast box you just need to reboot, but on a slow box, you
need to disable loading of the usb modules.
Smitty