Re: [SLUG] Cable/DSL routers

From: Peter S. (ter450@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 20:08:56 EST

http://www.coyotelinux.com/

This is where to find the Wolverine distro. DMZ comes from military
terms.."Demilitarized Zone". DMZ is used by a network that wants to host
its own Internet services without sacrificing unauthorized access to its
private network.

The DMZ sits between the Internet and an internal network's line of defense,
usually some combination of firewalls and bastion hosts.

Typically, the DMZ contains devices accessible to Internet traffic, such as
Web (HTTP ) servers, FTP servers, SMTP (e-mail) servers and DNS servers.

Bestway to learn the networking stuff (in my humble opinion), is to play
with it. I was a nurse 3 years ago. Now am the Systems Administrator for
a state goverment branch and have already exceeded my nursing salary. Have
been "geeking-up" computers since 78'. Lost count of how many I have
broken/fixed ("what's that funny smoking smell?")