Re: [SLUG] Data structures

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 23:04:47 EST

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:15:22PM -0500, Paul Braman wrote:

> To learn more about data structures, et al, you really need to check out
> _The Art of Computer Programming_, by Donald E. Knuth. This series
> (4 or so volumes) is the definitive text on what these things are, how
> they came into being, and how you make the most out of them.

While this is true, I wouldn't wish Knuth on a novice programmer. Nor
Wirth, nor Stroustrup, nor Musser and Saini for that matter. Nor
Schildt, since it's well known his books are inaccurate. Personally I
prefer Bruce Eckel and Al Stevens whenever possible, but I don't think
they've done any books on data structures.

Paul