[SLUG] Mirror

From: Diego Henao (webmaster@bloodhound.slyip.com)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 12:10:00 EST

Hello, I have a question about mirrors. I have two cobalt. They are
exactly the same machines. My actual setup is based just in dns functions.
In other words, one is the primary dns server and the other is the
secondary dns server. What do you recommend to me to implement if I want,
in case the primary goes down, the secondary to be the primary?

My understanding about this is that you just need to copy user's files (
system configuration), hosting directories, and dns entries. I don't know
how to do that. My major concerning is that I need to update the dns
entries because when the server 1 goes down the domain is going to be the
same, but maybe the ips will change.

Any suggestion

Thanks Diego