Re: [SLUG] plip install

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 19:44:08 EST

On Saturday 16 November 2002 05:02 pm, Greg Schmidt wrote:

> Just about any 100Mb/s NIC should figure out how to run at 10Mb/s. In the
> rare event that the autonegotiation would fail between 2 NICs with Linux
> drivers there should be a way to set it at 10 manually. If your hub only
> does 100 and won't fall back to 10 it's a weird one. All of the 100Mbs

I can't find anything in the printed literature or the PDF that I got from
Netgear that mentions this hub (Netgear FE104) will do both speeds. The 2
cards that came with it are listed as autonegotiating, and I bet the built in
one on the mobo of my "source" box will do the same.
The hub is a small cheap one that came in a starter network kit/box.