Re: [SLUG] APC PowerChute for Linux - apcupsd (daemon) instead!

From: John Clay (john.clay@lfr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 07:18:14 EST

Hi Russell & Group;

I found a Linux UPS power management deamon (apcupsd) that you might be
interested in. I've loaded it on one of my Linux boxes, modified the
straightforward config file and it shuts my system down gracefully in
the event of a power loss. I haven't tried to use any of the graphics or
connect it to an APC "Share Server" unit (connects servers to the master
ups server so as to shutdown all servers @ power loss) yet but will do
so soon. I've aborted further use of PowerChute. Check it out.
Comprehensive manual.

www.sibbald.com/apcupsd

John Clay
Tallahassee, FL