Re: [SLUG] Kernel 2.4.19 and 8GB of memory?

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 11:22:40 EST

On Monday 25 November 2002 10:53, you wrote:
> I'm getting ready to build a monster. I've got an IBM x360 with four
> 2.0GHZ zeon MP's, with 8GB of memory. Does anybody know how much Memory
> is Addressable by default with the 2.4.19 kernel?

That kernel should be able to handle that memory. Bear in mind that RH 8.0
uses the 2.4.18 kernel, which is different than what you specify. SuSE 8.1
uses the 2.4.19 kernel and you can select a standard or smp kernel for
installation. I would not recommend a generic kernel unless you want to do
your own compiling and patching - and you know exactly what you are doing.
Smitty