Re: [SLUG] regular scan patterns from RR/TimeWarner

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 16:00:39 EST

I use portsentry on my outside machine (detects portscans and drops all future traffic from hosts running them). In my opinion, portscanning is slightly invasive, even if it is "for the protection of you and other rr customers." It's like having an employee of your apartment complex/housing community come to your house at 2am and try to get into all the doors and windows.

Levi

--
Levi Bard
levi@bard.sytes.net