Re: [SLUG] regular scan patterns from RR/TimeWarner

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 22:32:37 EST

Yes they are. (I am one of the someone)

Incidentally I got a "ICMP PING NMAP" from our good helpful
friends at 24.30.199.228 (securityscan.sec.rr.com) on the 21st
at 2017 EST. I also was portscanned again yesterday, which
actually takes up a fair amount of my bandwidth for about 20 minutes
but this was not from a RR address, the IP sounded European.
Did not look it up, actually

As I write this at 2225 Sunday Drudge is reporting the Navy is seizing
computers from 100 midshipmen full of illegally downloaded MP3 files.
This at the Naval Academy. Apparently done at the urging of the music
industry. Clone of BSA ??