Re: [SLUG] regular scan patterns from RR/TimeWarner

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 23:17:14 EST

On Sunday 24 November 2002 22:32, you wrote:
<snip>

> As I write this at 2225 Sunday Drudge is reporting the Navy is seizing
> computers from 100 midshipmen full of illegally downloaded MP3 files.
> This at the Naval Academy. Apparently done at the urging of the music
> industry. Clone of BSA ??

Actually four groups, besides the RIAA and MPAA (the content cartel) was the
SGA, songwriters guild of america, and the NMPA, national music publishers
association. Seizing computers is rather extreme and not good for the morale
of the troops in any case. Evidently the navy no longer wants their
recruits to live up to the u.s. military motto, "Be all you can be."
Smitty