[SLUG] St. Pete meeting...follow up..

From: Aaron Steimle (asteimle@washpat.com)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 09:55:56 EST

First, I would like to thank the people who showed. Saved me from being the
weird guy in the big room with a computer ( I get that enough at work).

Their were some unanswered question last night that I wanted to at least
point in the right direction.
The first was LinNeighborhood, and yes it is a GUI for
samba...(http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/) ( was not sure off hand)

The other was more general about IP configurations. Not a quick answer topic
but there are some good HOWTO's that might be useful:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/IP-Subnetworking.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/IP-Alias/index.html

IP-aliasing is what I couldn't remember. That will give multiple IP's on one
ethernet interface.