Re: [SLUG] dual boot question

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 18:25:54 EST

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 09:16:24AM -0500, Mikes work account wrote:

> Ian,
>
> If I am to set up my second hard drive in the same box with the '98
> drive, how do I do that. I am A+ illiterate!! Do I use a ribbon cable
> that will accept two devices( the one in there now will only accept one
> device.) As I recall from some time ago, they used to have a cable that
> had wires switched or something like that for the second device.

What you're talking about there is a floppy drive cable, which doesn't
have the same number of pins and won't work for a hard drive. Floppy
cables typically have a few wires in the center of the cable swapped so
that one device can look like the "A:" drive and the other can look like
the "B:" drive.

Ian answered the rest of the cable question.

Paul