Re: [SLUG] dual boot question

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 21:05:25 EST

>>device.) As I recall from some time ago, they used to have a cable that
>>had wires switched or something like that for the second device.

> What you're talking about there is a floppy drive cable, which doesn't
> have the same number of pins and won't work for a hard drive.

  Wire swaps between the two HARD drives were also common on MFM and RLL

hard drive systems. (the twist {reversal} of 5 or 6 wires was the drive

select)

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm