Re: [SLUG] Question on service starting at boot-up

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 20:54:30 EST

Check the corresponding runlevel directory etc/rc.d/rc3 for text or
etc/rc.d/rc5 for X (I think that is where the runlevels are) and in there
you will have a symlink to the actual startup script..
etc/rc.d/init.d/blahblah .. Just get rid of the symlink and the script
wont be started when you enter that runlevel anymore.. be sure to get rid
of the symlink the in rc6 (shutdown) dir also.. otherwise you'll get an
error message when you shutdown saying it couldn't stop a service
(harmless but slightly annoying at times)

Jason