[SLUG] Question on service starting at boot-up

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 23:29:45 EST

I am using suse 8.1 and on one box I noticed the X font server starting at
boot-up. It is located in /usr/X11R6/bin/xfs. I spent a couple hours trying
to find the config file in /etc that tells this consumer of system resources
to start. Can't find it anywhere. I did manage to keep it from starting by
changing the name of /etc/X11/fs/config, but get an error message that the
file cannot be located, so there still is a config file with the start
xfs=yes in it. Anyone here know where I could find this file?
Smitty