Re: [SLUG] Getting on and off the lists

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 08:37:31 EST

Hi All:

This is a response in reference to a posting made earlier and to this posting.

Attempting to install a Winmodem I ask the appreciate question on the
appreciate list.
As usual someone referred the question to the FAQ and suggested I read it.

So I did.

I followed the instructions explicitly with results of complete failure.

I posted the results to the list from on which I was immediately trashed for
follow "has been" outdated instructions.

It seems that the FAQ instructions are for version 1.x.x with the 1.x.x file
referenced while the current version is 8.x.x.

After a number of experience like this ones learns not to pay too much
attention to instructions and the people who believe that instructions once
written are never outdated.

could be that the procedure simply does not always work.

In the past I have had to unsubscribe from slug in order not to overflow my
mailbox for a short duration when I had to leave town due to business
reasons.

I have found that with considerable effort it can take up to an hour to
unsubscribe. Why?

Consider the following:
IF I do the following I generally succeed in resubscribing:
____________
From: Frank Roberts - SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net>
To: majordomo@nks.net

unsubscribe slug
____________
IF I do the following it generally fails even though it should work too.
____________
From: Frank Roberts - SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net>
To: majordomo@nks.net

____________

When adding time for some reason there are a number of people who can not add.
They assume that the only time involved in carring out of an action is the
actual time performing it. As any accounting will tell you this is not true
so when adding time don't to forget to add in all the time: time spent
figuring out what to do, time to doing it, and time spent verifying that the
action has been carried out correctly and cleaning up your mess (or shutting
down).

As far as Paul posting of using
s*bscr*be or uns*bscr*be
I haven't tried it but I have my droughts.

Another thought most list proved a following giving instruction on how to get
to the web site and how to unsubscribe.

As some would say just my $02 worth.

Thanks
Frank