[SLUG] samba printing with cups

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 10:21:56 EST

I've setup and Epson C60 with cups and the printer works fine when
printing from the machine running Redhat 7.3 that the printer is
attached to.

However when I try to print from a windows machine to it nothing works.
If I check the cups error log file I see the following entry.

get_printer_attrs: resource name '/printers/lpr'
get_jobs: resource name '/printers/lpr' no good!

I have the same setup working on another Redhat 7.3 machine and I copied
the smb.conf from it to the machine having problems and still no luck.
Can someone shed some light on this error? Searching google turns up
others getting the error but no resolution.

Thanks
Mike M.