Re: [SLUG] Getting on and off the lists

From: Joey (irisinc@tbi.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 16:59:08 EST

Unfortunately, Linux/Unix programmers WILL NOT use a simple/common word when a much more complicated one will do. I personally think it's to show off to everyone that they went to college and learned something.

The man pages are properly titled "Programmers manual pages." I shared and to some extent, still do your frustrations with man pages. These clowns, (the Unix/Linux documentation guys), gripe about Mickeysoft but you can't get them to write a simple explanation of how a process should be configured and what the da** arguments mean and do to the command.

If the hard core Unix/Linux guys disagree with me, just try to justify "vi" or a "sendmail" configuration as being anything other than a pain in the a**.

BTW, I have been using UNIX for 20 years and there are still quite a few things I still do not like, vi being the first.

Joe