Re: [SLUG] Getting on and off the lists

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 23:46:16 EST

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:59:13PM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:

> Perhaps at the bottom of each email there could be a signature generated by
> majordomo that explains how to unsub from the list? The postgresql list does
> that (and adds other nifty hints about other stuff as well).
>
> Just a thought.

A similar thing is done on the Debian list. But you'd be amazed at how
many threads I've seen on that list, along the lines of "How do I get
off this d*** list?!" It's been explained, and they still say they can't
disconnect. Of course, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good idea to
put instructions at the bottom of emails.

Paul