Re: [SLUG] Local computer stores list

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 13:24:58 EST

> There's IntoLan Computers in Clearwater. I've had limited dealings with
> them so far but I know another satisfied customer. He had a computer
> custom assembled and had no trouble having them use parts he bought
> elsewhere.
>
> They seem to be Linux-friendly.
>
> http://intolan.com
>

> -- Mark Polhamus

Intolan is o.k. Their prices are not wholesale like tcwo, rather they range
from standard to discounted retail. If you live in northern Pinellas County,
they can be a convenience. I can say that I have never heard of anyone being
ripped off by them and my dealings with them have been satisfactory.
Intolan are not linux ignorant as most such stores are, but they do not pursue
business in that area. At one time, they outsourced any linux work to a
fellow who, used to be, may still be, a subscriber to this list.
Smitty