Re: [SLUG] problems with creating backups

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 11:43:23 EST

> Here's something that may be more important. To be bootable, your CD
> also has El Torito extensions. I'm not sure that simply copying your CD
> will allow it to be bootable, since El Torito does some magic by placing
> a small bootable image at the beginning of your CD.

  I use LINUX exclusivly, (since 1997) I copy data CR's by making an iso image
with isodump then I mount the iso image and tool around in it with mc,
if everything looks normal (just like the mounting the original CD)
then I unmount the iso image and I record the image on to a CD-R.
  If the original was bootable the copy will be bootable, I haven't found any
CD's that didn't copy fine, including M$ operating systems. (for others)

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm