Re: [SLUG] Linux Missionaries

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 13:09:24 EST

Hi all,

I think it might be appropriate here to think about
what the "mission statement" for SLUG is. As far as I
can tell, the whole purpose behind SLUG is the get
people together to learn, play with, and talk about
LINUX. With that in mind, why would we want to go to
so much effort to farm out Linux Consultants. Don't
get me wrong; I like the idea. And, It very well may
be a terrific idea for the development of a business
associated with LUG's around the area, but I really
think that Paul has the right direction for this. If
people want someone to come to their home and help
them with a computing problem then the best SLUG can
do given it's resources and mission is to put them in
touch with people that are willing to do so. A
contact page is appropriate. If someone wants to know
how qualified someone is then I encourage them to come
to the meetings and ask aroubenefit all benifit from
that.

Thanks,
RH Eanes