Re: [SLUG] Linux Volunteers..

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@fewt.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 17:08:59 EST

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 16:32, Greg Schmidt wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2002, Andrew Wyatt wrote:
>
> > "Also note: Please don't use the space provided to tout your expertise
> > or qualifications. All the people on the list are equal as far as SLUG
> > is concerned, and we don't want anyone having an unfair advantage from
> > the start."
> >
> > How are people going to know who to call if there are no qualifications
> > listed?
>
> They won't. They can start out with a dart and a blind fold and end up
> evaluating their options.

LOL Sounds like a lose lose situation to me.

> list. But, that's what we will always need to do anyway. Besides, I
> don't think there are many folks looking for opportunities to go fall flat
> on their faces.

Oh, you would be surprised.

> Maybe I could be talked into how one html link under your name to give
> folks a little more information when initially evaluating their options
> might be a good idea. Maybe. I think Paul was trying to keep this thing
> simple. Simple is good. SLUG doesn't vouch for anyone. SLUG passes no

It's still simple, one little "about me" tag is very useful for the
person looking, and is little overhead.

> judgement on their qualifications. SLUG is not in a position to be able

That's not what I desired, simply an "about me" link, or similar.

> to do such things. All that page does is provide a list of people who
> said they would be willing to see if they could help if someone decided

Lets make it useful then.

> to ask them. If someone is looking for more than that, there are plenty
> of good consultants and businesses around who can provide what they need.

uhh, that's what you've just created, a list of consultants.

> My 2 cents,
>
> Greg

-Andrew

--