Re: [SLUG] BSD drive problem was firewall problem

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 19:56:02 EST

> I have a BSD drive that will not boot. It tries and then throws the
> system into a reboot. This was in our firewall that has died. My boss
> wants me to copy the drive in total on to another drive and try to boot
> that in the firewall.

   I have seen a HowTo on recovering a hd that has lost it's directory
structure, by coping it using dd to copying everything to another similar
sized drive with similar sector size, then recovering the file chains
until all are copied to a third drive. It printed out to 5 pages.
Seek and yee shall find. (I have a 20 gig on a shelf that needs this
service, but no free time.)

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm