[SLUG] Postfix questions, some general rambling

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 18:12:11 EST

I am currently running Postfix on RH 7.3 with no problems. I installed it
with Courier-IMAP and Squirrel Mail after the RH install was complete. But
now, I built a new box, and installed RH8 on it This time, I enabled
Postfix, IMAP, and Squirrel Mail during the RH install. My thinking is that
this way, I can use the RedHat Network to update the packages, rather than
doing it manually like I do now. Is this correct?

Anyway, I can't seem to get Postfix to run properly. I have it set to start
at runlevel 3, and it does start. However, I can not telnet to port 25, from
the RH8 box, or a W2K box on the same subnet...
C:\>telnet 192.168.1.205 25
Connecting To 192.168.1.205...Could not open a connection to host on port 25
: Connect failed

Any ideas? Could it be a problem with the box not knowing its FQDN? If I run
dnsdomainname, I get nothing in response... How do I set the FQDN?

Thanks!!

Doug