[SLUG] AMANDA tape backup and appending

From: dkoobs@dkoobs.com
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 11:14:58 EST

At http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda-2.html, I read that "AMANDA
currently starts a new tape for each run and does not provide a mechanism
to append a new run to the same tape as a previous run, which might be an
issue for small configurations."

I want to make sure that I understand this correctly... Does this mean
that Amanda will not append at? I will have to change the tape every night
to get a backup? If that is trhe case, it won't be the best solution for
me... What other backup options are good? Anyone using Taper? Thanks,

Doug