Re: [SLUG] AMANDA tape backup and appending

From: dkoobs@dkoobs.com
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 13:35:07 EST

I'm reading the man page for cpio, and it says:

"In copy-out mode, cpio copies files into an archive. In copy-in mode,
cpio copies files out of an archive or lists the archive contents."

The naming of the copy-out and copy-in modes seems backwards, like driving
on a parkway, and parking on a driveway... Why do they do this!!?? I get
so confused :)

Doug