RE: [SLUG] A Challenge....

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 21:03:36 EST

 -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew Wyatt [mailto:awyatt@fewt.com]
> Why don't you replace an old keyboard key with the IR source/detector
> and then grab the scancode that gets sent? There has to be a
> method that
> will not send a keystroke unless the IR is broken. If you can use a
> keycode you can have the software in minutes.

Hmm, I will have to check and see if the key is a make or break. If it
is make then I will just need to put some inverters in line and if it
is break then I am in good condition. Ought to find one of those little
keypads that are used to add a keypad to a machine that does not have one
on the keyboard, that would be more than enough, but to get started a
keyboard would work just fine.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com