[SLUG] kernel panic during upgrade

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 17:29:03 EST

I'm barely running RH7.3 (from 7.1) with some updated RPM packages.
I'm trying to boot with the RH7.3 professional CD-ROM to access the
mass upgrade option. I even tried it with a bootdisk. Here are the
last five lines of the boot:

EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
cramfs: wrong magic
FAT: unable to read boot sector
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=09:00, iso_blknum=16, block=32

Why is this happening, and how do I remedy it?
How do I find where my superblock is placed? I may have relocated it
for past issues.
What program do I use to relocate or backup my superblock? The only
time I've seen what it is is when fsck failed (it gives a little
blurb).

/mario