Re: [SLUG] A Challenge....

From: Larry Sanders (rhatman@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 21:36:22 EST

Interesting web site. Here is strategy to consider.
- copy the flume/sluce because they got it to work.
Reproducing it will show you why.
- put a detector array on the exit wall and connect it
to a parrallel port connector
- get a device driver to read parallel port and write it
to a file.
- experiment with some fish and find out what kind of
data pattern your recording.
- then write routines that sample and process the data
for recognition of a passing fish. It will be hard to code
a solution before you know the data pattern.
- get it to accurately count one fish then add more

Good Luck
"It seems the harder I work the luckier I get."
( for got who said it)

Larry :-)