Re: [SLUG] Mozilla Profile Problem

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Fri Dec 27 2002 - 23:18:54 EST

On 27 Dec 2002 22:26:42 -0500
Doug Koobs <dkoobs@dkoobs.com> wrote:

> I'm running Mandrake 9, with Mozilla 1.2.1. I can open one instance of
> it with no problem. However, when I go to open another instance of it
> (using a shortcut I created on the "quicklaunch" bar) the Mozilla
> Profile Manager pops up, asking to select a profile. There is only one
> there, and when I select it, and press "Start Mozilla" I get an error:
>
> Mozilla cannot use the profile "foo" because it is in use.
> Please choose another profile or create a new one
>
> I have completely deleted the profile, but as soon as the new profile is
> created, this happens again. However, If I have an open instance of
> Mozilla, and click on an http link in email, it opens another instance
> of Mozilla without a fuss... What gives? A problem with the shortcut? It
> used to work fine... Thanks!
>
> Doug

Does your email client just call `mozilla $url` ? If so, try using `mozilla -remote "openurl($url)"` This will just create a new window in your existing Mozilla session rather than starting a new one. If no session exists, only then will it start a new one. (Depending on the email client, $url might be %u or %s or something). Same goes for the quicklaunch bar.

HTH,
Levi