Re: [SLUG] Redhat ext3 harddrive problem - and fix - but wonder why

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 14:57:58 EST

Well that's what I get for trusting spell check :)
Anyway.
It's starting to act up again. I'm really suspecting it's a bad hard
drive as I can hear noise like when a floppy disk is having trouble
reading a track. And thinks seem to get slower as time goes by. Unless
you know of something else I'm thinking I'm going to replace the drive.
Do you think a reinstall with a format would fix the problem? Being
unemployed I'm a little strapped for cash and replacing a hard drive is
not in the budget :(
Mike M.