Re: [SLUG] Questions about laptop batteries

From: JamesS (penroses@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 17:34:52 EST

Laptop batterys are not made to keep 100% charged all the time. They often
do exactly what you describe when they are. I try to run my laptops on the
batterys and only charge them when they get very low. Once a week i will
leave them on until they shut themselves off. The batterys seem to last much
longer this way. My first laptop i kept fully charged and the battery only
lasted a year before it would not take a charge at all.

One thing you might try is to full charge and then discharge the battery 3
or 4 times and then see if it lasts a while longer. If not it is time for a
new battery.

JamesS