Re: [SLUG] Questions about laptop batteries

From: Vernon (vsingleton@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:41:39 EST

Matt wrote:

>Ok I have been sitting here watching apm and the charge from 0% on up as
>it's charging and it hopped up to 100% like it hops down - there was a
>10 minute delay in the second poll of apm:
>
>matt@slacker:~>apm
>AC on-line, battery charging: 18%
>matt@slacker:~> apm
>AC on-line, battery status high: 100%
>
>Can it be that apm is not reporting the correct status?

Again a case of gadget makers who do not care about making power supply
and management circuitry that works well.
The PS is such a crucial part of a computer you'd figure that it would
be well engineered but it definitley sux,
especially in laptops. No one cares about investing time or money in it.

Vernon Singleton