Re: [SLUG] mkbootdisk failing

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 22:14:28 EST

If your kernel is only compressed with gzip, then rebuilding with `make bzImage` as suggested below will indeed help a little. However, most modern kernels are made this way anyway, so unless you made it yourself with with only gzip compression, you might not gain anything. You'll probably be better off going into the kernel config and removing nonessential options.

Levi

--
Levi Bard
levi@bard.sytes.net