Re: [SLUG] Announcement: Formation of a new LUG

From: David R. Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 15:02:49 EST

Russell,

I have written one or more of our officers directly on more than one
occasion, only to be ignored, or told why things were as they were.
Then, when the issue didn't get resolved, I was told "if you don't like
it, go form your own group." And I am not the only one to have that
told to them. Some in SLUG think things are just happy happy joy joy.
Some don't. We chose to form a new LUG, make our own policies, invite
others from SLUG, and not address other issues...until others wanted to
grill us as to why. I'd much rather see this quietly die, and those who
want to participate in both, do so without having to raise these kinds
of issues. Speaking only for myself, I did not want to address these
issues openly on the SLUG list because it can lead to flame wars and
hurt feelings. I'm going to leave it alone from this point on and say
this one last time, because I really don't want to leave anyone with
sour grapes...

We have an open list. We are not here to hurt SLUG. We have chosen to
do this to offer an alternative. Unless I am asked otherwise, I intend
to remain a part of SLUG, and I hope everyone that joins the new LUG
will do so as well. Heck, I'm a part of four LUGS, and each is
different, and I learn from all of them. That is the goal here.
Nothing more. If some feel we are hurting the SLUG group, I
respectfully disagree and hope that time will show that we can both
exist, and make each other stronger.

Dave