Re: [SLUG] Announcement: Formation of a new LUG

From: David R. Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 21:41:49 EST

Dazie,

As I think we have pointed out to everyone's satisfaction, this LUG is
not about us getting our way...its about offering an alternative /
supplement. If there is going to be any fight over this, it will be
because you choose to make one, not us. This will be my only response
to you because you obviously have not taken the time to read the entire
thread and discover what the new LUG is about. You don't like
it...that's fine. We've explained over and over again just what this is
about, and interestingly enough, most of the SLUG group seems OK with
it. As for not getting members...at the time of your uninformed and
rather poorly worded email, there were 18 new members on our new LUG.
Not bad for 24 hours with the only advertising being the SLUG list.

If you want an alternative or supplement to your SLUG experience, which
it appears that you are new to, then please feel free to join us despite
your reference to our apparent adolescence. We welcome anyone who wants
to learn and contribute. However, if this is the extent of your
contribution, at least I got a good laugh before I hop in my hot tub.

Dave