Re: [SLUG] Announcement: Formation of a new LUG

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 22:06:42 EST

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 09:41:49PM -0500, David R. Meyer wrote:
> Dazie,
>
> As I think we have pointed out to everyone's satisfaction, this LUG is
> not about us getting our way...its about offering an alternative /
> supplement. If there is going to be any fight over this, it will be
> because you choose to make one, not us. This will be my only response
> to you because you obviously have not taken the time to read the entire
> thread and discover what the new LUG is about.

Dazie has an opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. By now, you should know
mine ;)

> You don't like it...that's fine. We've explained over and over again
> just what this is about, and interestingly enough, most of the SLUG
> group seems OK with it.

It's rather thoroughly dead at this point. As others have mentioned,
this is probably better discussed further on the slug-politics list.

> As for not getting members...at the time of your uninformed and
> rather poorly worded email, there were 18 new members on our new LUG.
> Not bad for 24 hours with the only advertising being the SLUG list.

Much of it is simply morbid curiosity ;)

> If you want an alternative or supplement to your SLUG experience, which
> it appears that you are new to, then please feel free to join us despite
> your reference to our apparent adolescence. We welcome anyone who wants
> to learn and contribute. However, if this is the extent of your
> contribution, at least I got a good laugh before I hop in my hot tub.

*sigh* I really don't see the point of picking on people, do you?

Not everyone enjoys your genius, Dave.

 - Ian